ECG Exam (NHA - National Healthcareer Alliance)
You must register for this exam by midnight the night before the test date.
If you have completed the ECG course at Ashland Community & Technical College,
you can register to take your exam upon completion.
- Go to NHANOW.com
- Create an account.
Make sure to name Ashland Community & Technical College as your organization
when you register.
- Once you have created your account, you need to apply for the exam.
- Select and apply for your preferred CET exam date from the dates that are listed as open for ACTC.
- Complete the application process for that date by answering the questions and submitting the application. You will be required to pay a $117.00 charge to NHA.
- Once you have completed the registration and paid the $117.00, YOU MUST email Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu and notify her that you scheduled your exam and need a $10.00 proctoring charge added to your student account. Please put "ECG Test – Fee Request" in the subject line of the email.
- A $10.00 charge will be posted to your account within the next 1-3 business days.
- Once you get a confirmation that the proctoring charge has been posted, you must go to one of the cashier windows either at College Drive or Technology Drive and pay.
YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL OF THESE STEPS TO REGISTER FOR THE EXAM. IF NOT, YOU MAY HAVE TO RESCHEDULE IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE OCCURRED:
- You do not provide proof of payment at the time of testing.
- Your name is not listed on the roster on test day. This would indicate you did not register.
If you would like to confirm that you have completed the process, please email Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu with your name and she will verify whether or not you have completed the process.
LOCATION OF EXAM:
Ashland Community & Technical College
College Drive Campus
1400 College Drive
Goodpaster Building, Room G101
- Students WILL NOT be able to take the test through NHA until that student fee has been paid.
- Please make sure you have paid at least two days before your test day.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types of Payment Does ACTC Accept?
**Cash or card payments only in person on campus before exam (or morning of) date. No Checks
accepted for testing fees**
What if my employer or another agency is paying for the exam?
If a third party is paying for your exam, you MUST SUBMIT A THIRD PARTY LETTER by email l or fax to
Robin Harris at:
Fax: (606) 722-0200
Important Information/Required Documentation
On test day, you MUST be able to present the following documentation to the test administrator:
- Picture ID (Driver’s License or other state-issued picture ID)
- Receipt showing the payment.
You must cancel in writing at least 24 hours prior to the test date. Failure to cancel could result in charges
remaining on your account with Ashland Community & Technical College.
To cancel in writing: Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu with “cancel my testing” in the subject line