Kentucky Nurse Aide Exam
Kentucky Nurse Aide Test
This is the exam to become a State Registered Nurse Aide in the State of Kentucky. Once you
successfully complete your Kentucky Nurse Aide Training, you are eligible to take this exam to be
placed on the State Nurse Aide Registry. This reserves your testing date (pending approval and
Once we receive this registration, we will post the testing charge to your student account and
send you a confirmation email.
Testing Fees (Please note the price increase effective August 1, 2020):
1st Timer Tester: $115.00
Retake Skills Portion: $75.00
Retake Written Portion: $40.00
The process for the nurse aide exam has changed due to COVID-19. Please read all the information below:
The following guidelines will be used during nurse aide testing:
- You will need to bring any face mask and isolation gowns you have. We have some of these items but it is a limited supply. All testers and test administrators will be required to wear PPE.
- Please bring two #2 Pencils with you for testing. When you exit the testing room, you can either dispose of these in the trash can or take them with you. Please do not leave them in the testing room.
- Your temperature will be checked and a risk assessment will be performed on you before you will be allowed to enter the testing room. Any student who refuses to complete or fails any required content of the Risk Assessment Form will exit the building immediately. The student will be instructed to reschedule the exam once a minimum of 14 days have passed and is asymptomatic.
- There will be no more than 10 people in the room at one time and you must enter the room one at a time and space out using social distancing guidelines (must maintain a minimum of 6ft distance from all other students or faculty) during the exam.
Payment Instructions will be sent in the confirmation email sent to you after the charge has been added.
What Do You Need To Bring on Test Day?
You MUST bring the following with you on the test day. Failure to bring these items could result in your exam being rescheduled for another day.
- PROOF OF PAYMENT – A copy of one of the following MUST be submitted on the test date.
- If you are an ACTC student, you will need to bring a Copy of Receipt of Payment from ACTC.
- If you did not train at ACTC, you may bring payment on test day. We accept cash or debit/credit card only.
- A letter of intent to pay from your employer or another organization (on their letterhead or in an email) stating they will be paying for your exam.
If you would like to submit these before the testing day, please send the documentation to:
Fax: (606) 722-0200
- Social Security Card (Cannot be laminated). This must be your actual Social Security Card. It cannot be a letter from the Social Security Administration or any other form of identification with your social security number on it. If you present a laminated Social Security Card, you will be asked to reschedule once you have replaced it with a non-laminated one.
Note: Picture ID and Name on the Social Security Card must match exactly.
- Picture ID (Driver’s License or other state-issued picture ID)
Where Do You Go to Take the Exam?
Ashland Community & Technical College, Roberts Drive Campus, Building 5, Workforce Solutions Building behind the daycare.
Directions to the Roberts Drive Campus
4700 Roberts Drive Building 5 Ashland, KY 41102
From I-64: Follow US 60 North approximately 6.6 miles. Turn left on to Bob McCullough Drive and follow for approximately ½ a mile to the stop sign. Turn right onto Roberts Drive and take the first right again into the parking lot. The exam will be administered in the brown brick building (Building 5).
From 13th Street/Downtown Ashland/Ohio: From the 13th Street Bridge from Ohio follow 13th Street/US 60 3.5 miles southwest. Turn right on to Bob McCullough Drive and follow for approximately ½ a mile. Go to the end of the road to stop sign. Turn right and then turn right into the parking lot. The exam will be administered in the brown brick building (Building 5).
You must cancel in writing at least 24 hours before the test date. Failure to cancel could result in charges remaining on your account with Ashland Community & Technical College.
To cancel in writing: Email Robin.Harris@kctcs.edu with “cancel my testing” in subject line
- Friday, October 23, 2020
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Roberts Drive - Room 519 Nurse Aide Lab